Behold my Spesco P-51

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Behold my Spesco P-51

Postby jeffchance » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 am

Nice addition to the collection. :D
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Banned for Life wrote:I don't care. I don't plan on shooting it much.

oh you can shoot it. They actually handle pretty nice. Just pick up an old junk slide hear or there and shoot it with that on it. I dont hold my nose up at spesco 25s. I think you did pretty good considering its all complete.

spesco parts are typically really cheap though so thats good. I would shoot the lowest power 25acp you can find and maybe look to a stronger recoil spring. The slides are very similar to sundances which also break but not as fast. Its nice because you have that big open top on sundances and spescos but it makes the slide weak. Spescos are kind of a wierd cross between a sundance and a galesi. Neat guns. The ones I have shot were all pretty accurate and didnt jam up.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby Banned for Life » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm

This will just sit most likely in the collection. I've had a few recks rg25s and la furys in the past so I am familiar with the design and it's limits. Most of my shooting in 25acp is done with steel framed guns or my other more robust rof pistols.
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Postby adam01364 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 am

Congrats!
I've got the same gun in similar condition. Here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3105
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Mister Sir » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:26 am

I had a spesco in similar shape. Sold it to someone and he texted me back that the slide broke. I'm going to make it right and take it back and give him a RG23 but then I'll have to locate a slide. Yes my spesco blew up.
Mister Sir
Hardcore

Postby Banned for Life » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Jeeze now I'm all worried the thing gonna lawn dart my face! Thanks David Vincent! :(

I wonder if a milled out raven slide will fit on it?
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Postby FergusonTO35 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 am

Very nice! I wonder if it was a new old stock import when it was originally sold?
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Banned for Life wrote:Jeeze now I'm all worried the thing gonna lawn dart my face! Thanks David Vincent! :(

It might! Make an arm brace with a protective shield out of plexiglass. Kind of like looking through a window to use the sights LOL.

ussually they dont let go that far before you notice. Even the lorcin lt25s (which are habitual slide breakers) only crack on one side first. I have seen one lt25 that cracked in two different areas though.

Like I said if your going to shoot it a bit a stronger recoil spring and weaker ammo wouldnt hurt.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Wow, what a find. And for $60 that's a deal. The only time I see guns like that they're $150 under the glass at pawn shops and they don't want to move on the price. Its good to know that there are still some good deals out there.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Banned for Life » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks Flow... It sure is cute.

Im digging out my junker raven slides sometime this week and am going to see if one will work with the front shroud milled off of it. I bet it will. That'll at least let me shoot it little more and save the factory eye poke....er slide.

Ive seen some rg25's slide for sale and I know I have seen a few of those be made to work on them but they want more than what I paid for it. The only garbage quality p51 slide I see for sale is $75.
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

PreviousNext

Return to Saturday Night Specials