Accu-tek/ Excel did me right.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Accu-tek/ Excel did me right.

Postby Banned for Life » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:31 pm

A year ago I bought this little Accu-tek at.380 for cheap at a local fun shop. After running 200rds through it the screw holding the trigger guard on broke at the head. The gun needed the guard to function. Other wise it'll launch the slide downrange ala frame crack Davis 380.. I could see this had happened before from the scratches on the frame from digging a broken bolt prior. I got it out again the same way and put another set screw in it. Basicly to get it operational again.

So I emailed accu-tek and they got back to me pretty quick. They wanted the ser# so sent it along with pics of the gun. The emailed me the next day and confirmed my address and said they would be sending updated parts. My gun is a first run and they had made the change pretty quickly I guess.

Anyhow...they sent me the parts knowing I wasn't the original owner. Hopefully the pics show up. The guns about the same fit and finish as my amt backups. Apparently one of the old amt owners is a co owner of accu-tek.

Anyways. The gun runs fine now and I'll keep a eye on it. They did me right and I like that. So much so I'll probably buy another for the wife. They hurt to shoot but she's tuff.

Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Re: Accu-tek/ Excel did me right.

Postby adam01364 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:24 am

Nice! Good to hear that Accu-tek backs up their product beyond the original purchaser. I thought about getting one of these once-upon-a-time but wasn't sure about parts and service. Next time I see one, I'll grab it.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 am

I never see those in person and I'm not really sure why.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Flowmaster wrote:I never see those in person and I'm not really sure why.

Same here on the west coast.
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:05 am

They are only carried by a select few distributors so the dealers are likely overlooking them in favor of the more "popular" (and favorable with gun story writers) pistols out there.
Good to hear positives about their customer service.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Erich » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm

EMF is closing out the AT-380 II for under $250, if you're interested. It caught my attention . . . and they have spare mags . . .

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/AT ... 6p1425.htm
Erich
GUN NUT!

Return to Saturday Night Specials