RG 14

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

RG 14

Postby nwmousegunner » Sun May 13, 2018 3:02 pm

I mentioned in another post that I was looking at a Taurus 94 and decided against it, part of the reason was that a friend gave me a RG 14-S while I was trying to make up mind about the Taurus. I have never had any experience with RG's. I remember them as being real cheap back in the 60's when they sold for $12.95 or there abouts. I think they were the guns that gave rise to the term "Saturday Night Special. This model seems to be better made than the one's I remember and in my opinion it is not as ugly. I shot a few times and it works, the reloading is slower than most revolvers. I made a pair of bird head grips out of walnut for it. It has a 1 3/4" barrel so maybe it will satisfy my small short barreled revolver urge for now. Dave
nwmousegunner
GUN NUT!

Re: RG 14

Postby Papa G » Sun May 13, 2018 3:56 pm

nwmousegunner, good friend to pass on an RG 14 to you. I have had RG66 years ago and I have an RG23 now. Both were great shooters! :D
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Re: RG 14

Postby nwmousegunner » Mon May 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Papa G The friend was a widow lady that my wife and I have known for nearly forty years. She has moved out of state to be close to her daughter and grandchildren. She recently sold her house here in Homer and returned to empty it for the sale. She found her husbands Masonic and Shrine regalia asked me if I would take it for our lodge archives, while going through some of his things she found the little gun and sent it to me with the masonic items. Her husband had been a friend and he was the one who got me a petition when I joined the Masons. Fraternally David Hood
nwmousegunner
GUN NUT!

Return to Saturday Night Specials