Mac-10 Parts kit I built. Semi Auto Closed bolt.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Mac-10 Parts kit I built. Semi Auto Closed bolt.

Postby Banned for Life » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:00 am

I made a MAC-10 in 45acp over the last few weeks. I figured some of you may enjoy it.

I Have a MAC-11 carbine in 9mm using sten gun mags and have wanted a 45acp to go along with it. I bought a Vmac45 parts kit from velocity arms. It came with a complete lower, minus side plates. No FFL.
Side plates are from Cajun country works these you have to finish the side holes by opening them up a hair. I Also bought a 16" carbine barrel for it with a free float hand guard and a muzzle brake. I am using a M3 Grease gun mag well. This was a easy kit, Only thing hard about it was welding the lower together and not making it look like poo and warping it.

I tig welded it and haven't tig welded in decades. I used a ancient miller matic. So dang it don't laugh. I plan on using a vz58 side folder stock and a Side cocking upper so I can put optics on it. These are totally unpractical but really fun to shoot at the range. They are super easy to Bump fire controllably from the hip or at the shoulder with a normal rifle stock. These are also inherently accurate because of the weight and long barrel in pistol form. I plan on making both a pistol version of these in 9mm and 45acp using Flat spot weld together lowers in the future and Vmac parts kits sans lowers, basically for the hell of it.

As it came
I made some barrel wrenches to remove the pistol barrel.
Lower just sitting together waiting to be assembled.
starting to tack weld. ( No laughing!)
tack tack..
almost ready for Parkerizing.

I have some pics of the Rifle barrel installed but I need to find my phone to post them.

I'll post some pics of the finished product when All the parts come in.
Last edited by Banned for Life on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Re: Mac-10 Parts kit I built. Semi Auto Closed bolt.

Postby farmkid » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 am

Oh yeah! As someone who has a couple of kits to build (though not MACs), I love posts with comments and tips like this.
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Banned for Life » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:11 am

Kits are fun! I have a Uzi kit to build as well. I like them but to me they aren't as much fun when finished as the mac kits are.
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 am

You weld a whole lot better than I do. Nice work.

My next welding gun-related project is going to be one of those Cobray 45LC derringers. I've seen kits for those floating around online.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby JOHN E » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Has the trigger slap issue been resolved in the semi-auto versions of this gun? The original design in FA is fine but the semi's I've fired have been painful.
JOHN E
Gunslinger

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:55 pm

A lot of people shoot them with a small section of tubing or rubber hose over the trigger to act as a little cushion against trigger slap.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Other firearms not listed