Armscor shotguns

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Armscor shotguns

Postby Dave_H » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Lately, I've noticed that RIA has dipped their toes in to the semi auto shotgun market with a bullpup and an AR looking tacticool 12 gauge. Price point on those is around $499. Haven't seen them in real life yet, just on my regular gun guy's website. Thought that was interesting to see. I don't know if they are making those themselves, or if they've teamed up with a Turkish manufacturer.
Either way I like it. I'm kind of a well wisher as far as Armscor is concerned, as I've owned a few of their guns in the past. I gave my .38 to my ex girlfriend so that she'd have something of her own for home defense. I wouldn't mind owning another one. For $229 or whatever the current price is, was decent bang for the buck.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: Armscor shotguns

Postby jeffchance » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:28 pm

The AR style is a Turkish make imported by RIA. Made by Derya Arms in Turkey.
Model VR-60, Semi-Automatic, 12 GA, 3" chamber, 3 chokes and 2-5 round detachable mags. A 9 round mag is rare but available. 8-)
I purchased one this spring for my bear DEFENSE weapon. :D :D
With 00 buck and slugs it is a very formidable weapon. :!:
I have 70 rounds of varying size and shot fired and never a hiccup.(just a sore shoulder from the 3")
Given the current political climate in that area, I'm not sure how long we will be able to get their product here.
If you want a gun of this nature, this one is a winner.
There are other makes of similar style but I have no personal experience with them, just the RIA VR-60.
That's my $.02 worth. ;)
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:50 pm

I'd get oddball mags while you can. Maybe some spare parts too. If the guns aren't too popular right now, imagine how hard it may be to find parts or mags for it a decade or two from now.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Well, I have a habit of buying more than one of something if I have concerns about a parts situation.
I bought more than one of the M14 bolt actions, just in case that model gets phased out or they stop importing it. They take M20p magazines, so I shouldn't have trouble.
As for shotguns, the one of theirs I might buy first would be the M5. It is allegedly based on the high standard flite king.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Return to Other firearms not listed