Speaking of flare guns

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Speaking of flare guns

Postby Dave_H » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:47 pm

I saw this fellow on YouTube who modified a 22lr adapter so that it would fit in to a plastic Olin 12 gauge flare pistol. Not something I'd do, as I am fond of my hands and eyes as they are. Surprisingly enough it did work at least a dozen or so times before a catastrophic failure, in the form of the frame cracking at the base of the barrel lock up. He didn't hurt himself, but the cases were seriously bulging throughout.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: Speaking of flare guns

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:45 pm

The metal 36.5mm flare pistols from Poland, Bulgaria, and other European countries would probably make a much better host for one of those drop-in inserts. I know those inserts are illegal in some states. The BudK catalog won't ship them to 15 states plus Washington DC.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Speaking of flare guns

Postby Dave_H » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:19 am

Indeed. I have one of those Polish flare guns. Just bought it this past week, along with a 45/410 insert.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Return to Other firearms not listed