Sig P238, Colt Mustang Pocketlite, or Kimber Micro .380?

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Sig P238, Colt Mustang Pocketlite, or Kimber Micro .380?

Postby FergusonTO35 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Yes, it was under warranty.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Gave the Micro some exercise after work today. I am pleased to announce that it worked perfectly with both FMJ and my lead bullet reloads. I really like how the mag stays in place quite firmly now. I think Kimber is using a stronger recoil spring now as the empties land a lot closer than they did. Accuracy is still really good. I sure hope the Micro stays fixed 'cause it's a great little pistol!
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Just thought I'd let you know, I gave the Micro some more exercise yesterday. On the menu was 3.1 grains Bullseye/Lee 356-102-2R/Federal primer at .963 OAL. The Micro gobbled 'em up no problem with fair accuracy, empties landing around 6 feet away. This load chronos a very consistent 886 fps out of this pistol, by comparison Remington and Federal FMJ factory ammo is around 50 fps slower. I'm very happy with the Micro since I got it back. If it always performs this way I will be carrying it for a long time to come and would recommend it to anyone.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:48 am

Been shooting and carrying the Micro with perfect success since the trip to Yonkers, until last saturday. My best friend was shooting it and one empty round got wedged on top of the next round in the mag. We cleared it, and fired 30 more rounds without incident. Got home and disassembled it, looking for any problems. I found some crusty black fouling inside the hook of the extractor. This stuff was hard and baked on, effectively reducing the depth of the extractor hook. The fouling also was coating the very front of the extractor channel in the slide. Got it all clean with some diligent scrubbing, it's easy to see how this can become a problem. Being an older design, this pistol has a rather small extractor and the area where it resides is not very open, providing a good place for fouling to build up. On top of that, I shoot flammable dirt aka Bullseye powder in this pistol which means there will always be plenty of fouling to go around. For safety's sake I'm going to disassemble and clean the extractor on this pistol every 100 rounds or so, it's certainly easy enough to do.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to Other firearms not listed