Glock generation 5 is here!

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Glock generation 5 is here!

Postby FergusonTO35 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:07 am

And, they finally got rid of those stoopid finger bumps. The gen. 5's also have an ambidextrous slide release and cut rifled barrel. After 37 years, they have finally started delivering on "Perfection". I'm pretty stoked about the gen. 5 and hope it is success, however I have already addressed those concerns with my 19, 22, and 26. I sanded the bumps down to gently rolling hills and retextured to my liking. Added Storm Lake barrels for shooting lead slugs. I'm right handed so the slide release is not an issue. Still, if I came across a good deal on one...

http://gen5.glock.us

"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Glock generation 5 is here!

Postby adam01364 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 pm

I love the line "after years of research and development..."
<ahem>
I call B.S. More like "after years of hearing shooters bitch about our (barrel, finish, finger grooves)..."
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:42 am

The only thing I wanted was forward cocking serrations.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 am

I'm glad they didn't add forward serrations. Those, plus huge accessory rails make a good looking gun ugly real fast. I 'spose they could offer them for folks that want it though.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 am

I love the line "after years of research and development..."
<ahem>
I call B.S. More like "after years of hearing shooters bitch about our (barrel, finish, finger grooves)..."

Yep, exactly. Apparently the Army and FBI feel the same way, as they specifically said no finger bumps for their new pistols.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:02 pm

I'll have to pass.
It took them over a year to admit problems with the Gen 4 recoil springs.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:39 am

I'll let the rampaging herds of early buyers deal with all the design changes, then get one after everything has been worked out. At the same time, I don't really need another double stack auto and it would have to be a screaming good deal for me to buy another. I rarely carry a gun that big, the largest one in my rotation is my Glock 26. So, it would pretty much be for home defense and target shooting and I'm quite well covered there with a Glock 19, 22, Browning Hi-Power, and several revolvers.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Other firearms not listed