RG23 in chrome

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: RG23 in chrome

Postby lost californian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Papa G wrote:Is the cylinder rubbing on the barrel stub inside the frame?

No, it does not. My calibrated eyeball says there seems to be as much barrel/cylinder gap on the RG as there is on my Charter .22 snub. I guess I could find a feeler gauge set and actually check it.
lost californian
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby jeffchance » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:50 pm

That gap is usually .004 - .006.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:25 pm

I googled a couple pictures of chrome RG-23's. They both had blued cylinders. I have seen 2 tones revolvers on other zamak guns, once in a while.
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Papa G » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:04 am

https://www.google.com/search?q=RG+chro ... 89#imgrc=_
Examples, you have to look through as it is a hodgepodge of other guns too.
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby lost californian » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Latest and greatest on this....

Put in an order with Numrich for a chrome trigger and hammer, to bling out the chrome RG23, and a blued trigger guard (complete) to get the blue RG23 running. They sent one chrome trigger, one blue hammer, one blue trigger guard....dang.

So, got the pretty trigger in the pretty gun. I thought n pondered for a few days, and decided to take out the hammer block safety wire, that keeps the hammer from hitting the firing pin unless you are pulling the trigger. Success!! The chrome one now fires 6 for 6 rounds, in single or double action. Popped off a few cylinder fulls just to make sure, even. It works well. Accuracy testing will be another day. I had placed 3 split ring washers on the main spring, to see if that would help with the misfires, and all it really did was make the trigger a bear to pull, sa or da. I removed one of them, and it works very well. And I continue the hunt for a chrome cylinder and hammer. Going to send the blue one back, see if I can get what I ordered in the first place.

Got the new to me trigger guard installed on the blued gun, and it works just fine again. Taking a lesson from the chrome gun, I added one split ring washer to the main spring, and I like the trigger pull better. Unfortunately, I have lost the grip screws so it is still not completely done. Next week I am going to a local gunsmith and see if he has some screws that will work. If not, I will order some from Numrich sooner or later.

Learned a thing today, too. To get the trigger return spring to catch on the trigger, you have to have the trigger installed in the gun, with the hand in place, then put the trigger guard in and set the roll pin. Once there, the trigger needs to be unscrewed, lifted up into the frame, pushed forward to grab the return spring right, then get the trigger back in place to put the screw in. Don't know if that is how they did it at the factory, but that is the only way I could get it done. Do it a few times and it is not bad.

I am
lost californian
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Previous

Return to RG Rohm Pistols and Revolvers Forum