slightly bulged casings coming from HP22A

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

slightly bulged casings coming from HP22A

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 pm

I've got a Phoenix Arms HP22A and its experiencing a strange issue with shell casings. The gun works just fine, but the base of some of the shell casings seem to puff out a little bit. What could be the cause of this? Its not all the way around, just in one spot. Is the chamber not well supported along the feed ramp or extractor cutout? I've never experienced a ruptured shell casing in this gun, but the brass bulging out has me wondering if its just a matter of time. Did any of you experience brass deformation shooting an HP22A?
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: slightly bulged casings coming from HP22A

Postby adam01364 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:52 am

Yup, the fired casings are a little bulged on mine probably 90% of the time. I attributed it to the chamber not being supported at the feed ramp; never considered the extractor cutout as the culprit. Like you said, I've never had any problems with the functioning of the pistol.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: slightly bulged casings coming from HP22A

Postby adare » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:26 pm

The Chiappas M9-22 has the same issue and I believe its just for that reason the free ramp is slightly not supporting the full dia. of the casing.
adare
GUN NUT!

Return to Phoenix Arms Forum