RG 31 for christmas

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

RG 31 for christmas

Postby Bulldog1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Merry Christmas , I was lucky enough to get myself a little RG31 for $31 but the grips are a little boogered up does anyone know of a decent replacement?
Freedom isn't always free, but it's worth fighting for!
Bulldog1
Hardcore

Re: RG 31 for christmas

Postby farmkid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Bulldog1 wrote:Merry Christmas , I was lucky enough to get myself a little RG31 for $31 but the grips are a little boogered up does anyone know of a decent replacement?

Isn't that Santa's responsibility?

Seriously, though, I hope someone here can help and, if not, there's Numrich, GB and eBay. Good luck, and we need before and after photos!
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:03 am

That's really cheap. I can't say no to just about anything that's $50 or less.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:43 am

That sounds like a good deal!! After finding grips for it, then lets hear the range report. :D
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Bulldog1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Well, I tried finding decent grips and found Factory Replacements for about 2/3 what I paid for the gun. So I decided to make a pair from a Armscor M200 fit and after a bit of gutting and rebedding they are getting close and look pretty good on the little snubby. I'll post some pictures when they are done.
Bulldog1
Hardcore

Postby Bulldog1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Modiified Armscor M200 GripsImage Image
old Boogered up gripsImage Image
It shoots about as good as my buddies Armscor, so I guess that's better than RG's get credit for anywhere but here.
Bulldog1
Hardcore

Postby jeffchance » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 am

Looks good.
My 31 shoots as good as I can expect given the length (lack of) the barrel.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 pm

Those grips look great.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Yeah, I agree with everyone else, those grips look great!
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Banned for Life » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:28 am

You bet its probably better than a Armscor. It'd probably walk all over it. Anyone remember my fiasco with my 3 on the site before the purge? well....here ya go.

Bought a New m206 through a dealer here in Mo. (Dealer is a old acquaintance and buddy from way back) I Bought 250 rounds of magtec .38 from him as well. Went right to the range, cleaned it really good in the parking lot with rem oil. Right out of the gate it was out of time in both single and da. After about 40 rounds it pretty much quit hitting the primers. All the brass had offset strikes and finally it started hitting the rim just outside of the primer pockets. I asked the dealer to send it back for me that day. He obliged and sent all my info along with the gun back to RIA. We never heard anything from them for 5-6 weeks. Then the dealer called me to see if I had heard anything. After telling him no he had a employee start nailing their phone a few times a day. After getting swapped to a few different folks at RIA the calls were dropped. Same with the dealer. Then I started hammering their FB. That got their attention...Surprised they didn't flat out block me like Taurus did LOL!

Anyhow they finally call me and tell me the Gun was lost in the facility after they received it. A few more weeks went by and a new revolver showed up at the shop. I grabbed the remaining ammo and hit the closest range to his shop. 50 rounds down it and I was peppered with Jacket and lead all on my left side. The new one was way off as well. I called the dealer and asked what he wanted to do. He sent it back in and had all sorts of tracking and delivery confirmation. I thought you had to have all that anyhow but I just went with what he was telling me.

Then I got to spend the following night up at 3 am with my wife picking a sliver of jacket out of my ear lobe that caught my pillow while I slept. Presumably shaved buy the forcing cone. Crazy as all hell. 2 or so weeks later the dealer called me and and said I wasn't going to be happy with what showed up. I was close so i stopped in. They had sent me a well used shop gun that looked like it was 20 years old and carried for half that time. He took it to the range on his own after he closed up shop one saturday. The 3rd was junk mechanically as well. I Bit the bullet and dropped it off at a local pistolsmith. He was able to get it running and essentially told me when I picked it up that I needed to sell it. I paid $100 for the service and took his advice and sold it to a friend that knew all the issues i had with it. He planned on shoving it in a sock drawer and that was it. My Dealer flat out stopped carrying their revolver line.

I totally lost my ass on it. I could have bought a $500 revolver and been out ahead considering all the trouble I put up with. Just friggen nuts!

I Replaced it with a a first gen Bridgeport Connecticut undercover in 38sp. Of course its been flawless.

I have a few RIA 1911's and they have been good save for one having a front site issue . I want that Baby rock so bad but I cannot imagine giving them any more money.

Rant off... The RG 31 should last you a decent while. Stay away from anything hot in it. Thankfully these are all super simple to work on and parts seem to be available.
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Next

Return to RG Rohm Pistols and Revolvers Forum