Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: .32

Postby David Vincent » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

[/b]380acp turns some pretty decent sns guns into throways fairly quickly. Bryco 38 & 48, Davis 380, and Lorcin l380 all end up failing pretty fast. Cobra denali and FS 380 are good to go though in terms of durability though.

32 has been on its way out since 380acp arrived. sad part is the 32acp SNS guns are some of the best zamak pistols outside the 25acps.

Biggest problem is sales because SNS guns are not the deal they used to be so companies have to streamline production and pistols like ja32s, ca32, and fs32s get ignored by production.

Personally I like pretty much all calibers so I think the 32acp is a great round.

Keltec, seecamp, beretta, North american arms etc still making 32acp guns and there are a lot out there so it will be around for a long time.... as will 25acp, 9x18, 40s&w, 357 sig, 7.62x25 etc. etc.

all this 9mm worship is starting to get old. Reminds me of glock worship.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby Dave_H » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:55 pm

On the 9mm. Out of practicality I stay with the least expensive, most common calibers, for the most part. When I ponder new purchases, I keep an eye on per round costs, which is why I have multiple firearms chambered in 22lr and 9mm.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby David Vincent » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:19 pm

Dave_H wrote:On the 9mm. Out of practicality I stay with the least expensive, most common calibers, for the most part. When I ponder new purchases, I keep an eye on per round costs, which is why I have multiple firearms chambered in 22lr and 9mm.

I understand that. It just kind of limits you in terms of firearm designs. There are a lot of very cool older guns out there in pistol calibers. Best thing to do is just buy ammo by the case online and keep an eye out when the runs get through customs. There is also reloading.

I was talking about the 9mm worship in terms of this new notion that 9mm is just as good as any other caliber because bullet technology has somehow turned it into magic. Its nice that it is cheap though. I like 9mm too! Then again its pretty much a mute point unless your a high volume shooter. Pretty much all ammo is cheap these days unless you start getting into the $1 a pop self defense loads.

I personally dislike 22lr the most. Ancient Unreliable rimfire thats hard to rely on. But its cheap so thats good.

my favorite pocket gun rounds are the 25naa and 32naa but they never caught onso your stuck with the little guardian pistols for the most part. I probably like 25acp the most as its like shooting a 22lr except without the headaches.
David Vincent

Postby Dave_H » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:46 pm

No arguments there. I consolidated calibers when circumstances demanded that I contract my firearms collection. What I kept and got rid of was based in part on whether it was chambered in an odd ball caliber or not. As for 22 I got in to it more with single action revolvers and bolt action rifles to side step issues with cheap ammo. That and I wanted to be able to shoot colibri's on my property.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby David Vincent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 am

Dave_H wrote:No arguments there. I consolidated calibers when circumstances demanded that I contract my firearms collection. What I kept and got rid of was based in part on whether it was chambered in an odd ball caliber or not. As for 22 I got in to it more with single action revolvers and bolt action rifles to side step issues with cheap ammo. That and I wanted to be able to shoot colibri's on my property.

Perfect platforms for 22lr. Any time I get some duds in 22lr I set them aside and they always fire in my youngest sons keystone cricket rifle.

One good thing about caliber consolidation. Say we have another ammo scare.... you can have a little lee loader kit along with some basic components and still shoot most of your firearms.

Its smart for most people .....I am just a gun nerd.
David Vincent

Previous

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum